Khwabgah centers provide comprehensive development opportunities to children, adolescents/young adults and their families.
In Khwabgah, at any given time over 1500 children are directly benefitting while over 1,00,000 people are receiving services and support.
Location of Khwabgah Projects : Slums of South Delhi
We partner with
- Women and men in the communities
- MCD/local schools
- Local dispensaries
- Community Leaders/Pradhans and Police
- Educational Issues
- Empowerment Issues
- Socio-economic Issues
- Health & Nutrition Issues
- Community Issues
- Education & Extra Curricular Activities
- Healthy Living
- Developing Life Skills & Leadership
- Community Participation & Action
What do we do?
Facilitate positive changes in the lives of underprivileged children through multipronged activities.
We nurture creativity through
Theatre, Art & Crafts, Sports, Dance, Music, Library Facilities, Exposure Visits & Capacity Building Workshops.
We work with:
Children living under difficult circumstances (4 years and above) specially rag pickers and out of school children.
Our Educational & Health Programmes have helped:
Improvement in health & nutritional status
- Weight & Height Gain
- Improved retention
- Better sanitary habits
- Stronger immunity
- More confident, decisive and independent
- Improvement in team work
- Decrease in aggression and other antisocial activities
- Helpful, respectful, punctual and disciplined
- Drop out rate and absenteeism substantially down
- 90% of children have shown improvement in school
- Families taking interest in ward welfare
- 70% children pursue co-curricular activities
Leadership & Community Service
- Campaigns on hygiene, literacy & gender equality
- Majority of the children now attend school
- Improved civic services
- Community pressure groups
Take a look at the events conducted over the years by Khwabgah.